Yoga & Meditation to heal body, mind, and soul
in Southampton & Eastleigh
An intro to Stella
Stella Tomlinson is a Hampshire-based Dru Yoga & Meditation Teacher and Writer, practising yoga since 2000 and teaching regularly since 2012.
Stella uses her first-hand experience of how yoga can relieve stress and anxiety to enable those of us who often feel anxious and overwhelmed how to release emotional tension and harness the power of the breath and the mind to connect to inner strength, stillness and joy and find peace amidst the demands of everyday life.
Stella teaches weekly classes, workshops and courses in the Southampton and Eastleigh area. Find out more on her website: http://livingyogawithstella.com and connect with her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/livingyogawithstella/
Yoga for Anxiety & Stress
Tuesday 10 April – 1 May 2018, 7-8.30pm
Bishopstoke Methodist Church, Sedgwick Road, Bishopstoke, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO50 6FH (View on map)
Early Bird £66 book before end of March
Standard £76 thereafter
***Book for £60 using the code CALM at checkout – only valid til 2 March***
Here are a few more details about the course:
Each 90-minute session will be a mix of accessible yoga, breath-work, relaxation and meditation practices, a little theory about anxiety and the opportunity for discussion and support from fellow members of the group.
I aim to help you understand anxiety & stress – what’s going in your body & what’s going in your mind and to learn simple soothing and comforting practices as well as and confidence-enhancing techniques you can bring into daily life.
You will be provided with guides, videos and audio recordings of the techniques covered so you can bring them into your life every day and email guidance and support is available throughout the course.
Week One: What is anxiety & stress?
- Learn how anxiety & stress affects your body and mind.
- Learn and experience how moving and comforting your body changes your mental state.
- Learn simple and short exercises and restful poses to practise at home.
- Experience deep relaxation.
We will continue with these practices throughout the course and build on them week by week.
Week Two: How does the breath change how we feel?
- Explore the body/mind connection and learn to use your breath to change your mental state.
- Learn simple and effective breathing techniques to change your mental state and to calm your body.
Week Three: How does thinking make you anxious?
- How your thoughts feed your stress response.
- Learn simple meditation and mindfulness techniques to quieten and compose the mind to create a sense of safety within the mind.
- Learn techniques to experience feeling strong and confident (even if your mind doesn’t feel it!).
Week Four: How to heal anxiety & stress?
- Creating a sense of safety within body and mind.
- Learn to become the witness of your inner state, and to listen to inner guidance.
- Learn to direct your awareness. We’ll also look at the power of choosing your thoughts: mantra and affirmations.
It would be great to see you at the Yoga for Anxiety & Stress course – thank you for your interest.
Here’s a reminder of how to book and how to get the super-early-bird discount:
1) Visit this https://bookwhen.com/livingyogawithstella/e/ev-sy6d-20180410190000 – also includes locations and timings
2) Select the Early Bird Option, then click Proceed, then click “Add a discount code” and type in CALM and click Submit Code
Thank you, so much Stella, for allowing me to share your latest ‘Yoga for Anxiety & Stress’ course. I, for one, will be coming along and looking forward to it, as always. Julie